So lately I have been into skulls, I honestly really don't know why, I think I just like the artistic feel to them, because it is part of who we are. I know some people relate it to death but I do not see it like that. For lack of better words, It's not why I like skulls or why I have been obsessed with them. I think it may be that fact that it has symbolism to be as having a good head on your shoulders or the "honor of humanity". Well my boyfriend and I went to a flea market and we saw a stand that had like tribal and colorful handmade objects from mexico. I couldn't help but miss the table full of skulls. SO many different colors, so many different patterns, and sizes. We literally were at that stand for like 15 minutes trying to decide which ones we wanted. Another thing I liked was that some skulls featured stories painted on them, for example some had weddings, parties, unity and so much more. I cant explain how gorgeous and unique each and every single one of them were. I decided to get this skull which is just black and white because i liked the simplicity it had, and i loved the flowers on the back. My boyfriend also got one, he got a colorful one. Hopefully i will take a picture and feature it here. You can't tell but it also had hints of glitter. Anyways I will definitely be going back to get some more. Collecting for sure.
- Jeanette